Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

Hello dear friends! It is Thanksgiving week and the Christmas season! Oh how I truly love this time of year and not necessarily because of the Christmas tinsel and songs but because the whole world is focusing on Jesus whether they know Him as Savior or not, He becomes the reason for the season for many. The banter is always interesting about nativity scenes and Christmas carols in the stores. We had a sales clerk tell us Happy Holidays last week and we immediately said Merry Christmas. She wished us a Merry Christmas too!! We go with the joy of the season and the joy of the Lord wherever we go but this time of year we want people to know who we serve and love. Over the past month many of our friends on Facebook have been posting daily what they are thankful for and quite a few have put scriptures online. I wanted to share some of the scriptures I put on my page with all of you. May you be blessed and encouraged that we have so much to thank our Lord for and Jesus IS REALLY the reason for the season.

Ephesians 3:14-19 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to gain, and a time to lose; A time to keep, and a time to throw away; A time to tear, and a time to sew; A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; A time of war, and a time of peace.

Psalm 95:1-2 Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Psalm 121:1-2 I will lift up my eyes to the hills-from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

Each day as I have voiced my thankfulness, I have been thankful for my precious husband, my children, all the many prayer warriors, my dear friends, Father’s beautiful world, the air we breathe and the voice we have to praise and adore our Lord, my wonderful sisters in the Lord, and for Jesus our Lord and Savior.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and a Very Merry Christmas too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment