Wednesday, December 23, 2015

What Does the New Year Hold for You?

We have learned after many years living this life of service to our Lord Jesus not to worry about the new year but to lay our life before the Lord and let Him lead and guide us in the New Year! Only He knows the plans for the year! Each year in our house church we pray and ask the Lord for 'our words for the year' and He will give us a word or phrase that will give encouragement and bring expectation for all the Lord has for us.  This year the Lord gave us 3 words between us.  He gave Charley the words: Restoration and Provision.  Father gave me the words: Restoration and Anticipation.  That was so amazing that personally without a word to each other, Father gave us the word Restoration. Now we have no idea how that will manifest in our lives this new year but it excites us greatly to think all the ways that restoration can take place.  So below are my notes from studying what these words mean. I pray my study will encourage and bless you. 

Restoration: Refurbishment, Renovation, Renewal  – Joel 2:25-27
25-27    The LORD says, “I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. £It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.  Once again you will have all the food you want,
        and you will praise the LORD your God, who does these miracles for you. Never again will my people be disgraced. Then you will know that I am among my people of Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and there is no other. Never again will my people be disgraced.

Provision:  Delivery, Endowment, Establishment – Philippians 4:19
19For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance. 

Anticipation: Hope, Expectation, Eagerness, Looking Forward
 1 Cor. 3:11 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. 
Romans 3:21-23  21But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses£ and the prophets long ago. 22We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.23For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 

Charley's favorite song is below! Let the words bless and touch your heart and life! 

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
By: Edward Mote
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteous;
No merit of my own I claim
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
In every high and story gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
His oath, his covenant, his blood
Sustain me in the raging flood;
When all supports are washed away,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When he shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in him be found,
Clothed in his righteousness alone,
Redeemed to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
Hymn # 368 from Lutheran Worship
Author: John Stainer
Tune: Magdalen
1st Published in: 1836


No comments:

Post a Comment