Saturday, February 19, 2011

Legacy

During the night I experienced some thoughts in my dreams about my dad whose birthday would have been today. The word that the Lord gave me was Legacy. I have a legacy from both my mom and dad that is a part of the woman I am and where the Lord has taken me in my life. After I awakened I began reflecting on just what legacy means. The definition of legacy is something from the past (something that is handed down or remains from a previous generation or time). What legacy do I have? I know that I have physical characteristics from both of my parents and I also know that I have emotional characteristics from them as well. Now where does my spiritual legacy come from? Also from those in my past who loved the Lord Jesus with all their heart, mind and soul. I can name many in my family line who that describes but I can also name those who did not walk with the Lord yet I still have a legacy from them. I know that my grandmother prayed for me daily. I know that my mom took me to church as a child and I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. My parents loved me and I loved them. Both of them have gone on to glory now but I still walk in the legacy of their lives. I know, because Father has told me, that my dad received Jesus in his last few weeks of life. I celebrate that new life that he found. I also know that my mom knew Jesus and she and my dad are rejoicing in heaven together. Yes, I do have a legacy of love, faith, physical characteristics of both parents and of perseverance, trust and dependence on my Heavenly Father through His Son Jesus Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit. I love knowing that I have a legacy to pass on to my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I honor my dad today for the life that he gave me 64 years ago tomorrow. What is your Legacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment