Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's Happening?

Interesting times we are living in. The earthquake that has hit New Zealand is another reminder of how the earth is quaking and shaking. There is great turmoil in our country and the world. The Lord has had us praying daily about the disasters that have hit our country and the world from Haiti, New Orleans, to New Zealand. The Lord has also told us to continue to focus on Him and not on our circumstances but He does care about the world we live in and the people around us who are hurting. So He has placed the burden of prayer on our hearts and then He goes about working in the midst of the turmoil, disasters and tribulations of life. My weekly Bible study is from the book of John. Today I read in John 16:33, “these things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” Oh what good news! He is the answer to the issues of life! Praise God!! Psalm 121 says “I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” Oh how I love that message! We must focus on Jesus. We must praise and worship His Holy Name and we must trust Him in the midst of the trials and tribulations of life, the disasters, the shaking and the rumbling taking place within our boundaries and beyond. Our God is on His throne of Grace and He cares about you!! Read His Word! I would suggest you begin reading in John. I have so much more to share and I will as often as Father gives me utterance.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment